Monday, September 9, 2013

Update on Aptil 28th,2010 University of Pennsylvania

Update on Aptil 28th,2010 University of Pennsylvania


April 28th,2010

Today, April 23rd I went to Temple Lung Center and was told that it would be in my best interest to move my Lung Transplant surgery and the remainder of all testing to the University of Pennsylvania. This is due to the cost savings of the procedure to me. The cost at Temple Lung Center to me could be from $10,000-$50,000 versus little or no cost at the University of Pennsylvania since they are BCBS of Delaware transplant certified. Moving to the University of Pennsylvania will not change anything as far as the transplant goes. I am continuing onto the next phase of testing as if nothing has changed. Hopefully the last of the testing and other procedures will move along smoothly as it has been.
Sometimes I get so frustrated; there are times that I feel like giving up. But, I just keep go along and hanging in there with a smile on my face and always laughing at something or joking about someone funny. I’m still hoping for the best results. I think the thing I don’t like, well I know I don’t like, is change but you know that’s part of life and we can’t change that. I ask someone how are you feeling today they replied back to me said “Another day above Ground” So I should count my blessing each day I awake. Thank you God!!! I had to register at U of Penn before going in and now that’s all done, and now the wait has begun. Not as bad as I thought it would be, they are going to see me on June 17th at 9:00am it seems so far away from how, but it really considering what I had to do to get this far, This is just a walk in the park. Again I will keep you all updated as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment