Friday, September 6, 2013

New lungs breatheing easier on my Birthday!!!

New lungs breatheing easier on my Birthday!!!

It’s been three weeks since I successfully underwent a Double lung transplant, Prior to the transplant, I’ was using 80 to 90 percent oxygen regularly. Today I’m able to function with absolutely no oxygen equipment at all. In addition, I’m able to walk and get around much better than before. The improvement is evident each day as I slowly regains my strength. Our family is especially appreciative of the many prayers, words of encouragement and support we’ve received from friends and customers these past year and five months. We would also like to thank the family of the unknown lung donor. While we do not have any details regarding the donor, we do know that two lives were saved as a result of this gift. Both Myself and another patient received the gift of life from this one unselfish donor., please consider signing up to be an organ donor. Not everyone is as lucky as Myself in receiving a vital transplant. About 18 people die each day in this country because there are not enough organs available for transplant. For more information on organ donation, visit www.organdonor.gov. While this success of my transplant is great news for all of us, my journey continues with the possibility of my body rejecting my new lungs . I’m being closely monitored and receiving anti-rejection medication on a daily basis. Again, thanks to everyone for your prayers! We love you all and we never could have made it on this journey without all of your support! I  wish thank all my brothers  and sisters  and many many friends .I love you all.

The Hydock ”s and Berry’s… Roy, Virginia ,Barbara, Lisa and Douglas.

No comments:

Post a Comment