Friday, September 6, 2013

I made it!!!!



I had my 3 month visit at the U of PA. today and I am very encourage that I will be put on the list within the next couple of weeks. Ginny came with me and we must attend a Transplant Workshop in 3 weeks then providing everything goes well he will be placed on the list!!!! Once I have the transplant the sad news is Ginny will have to move in for a few week to help with my recovery.. God help me!!! Not sure if I can survie that one... I have already prepare the spare room for her by giving her a lovely twin bed LOL.

Saturday, January 8, 2011


No cure for COPD

There is currently no cure for COPD, although there are various treatments and/or options that can help reduce symptoms and prevent complications. The first step in COPD treatment is to quit smoking and learning to avoid lung irritants which can worsen the condition.In addition to quitting smoking, medications to help breathing such as bronchodilators, anticholinergic drugs, or corticosteroids may be prescribed. In some cases, where COPD is severe, supplementary oxygen may be beneficial. Oxygen is provided from an oxygen cylinder or concentrator and administered through oxygen mask or nasal tubing. Lastly, some patients with COPD can benefit from surgery where some of the damaged tissue is removed, allowing the healthy tissue to work better.

Natural Remedies
One of the common symptoms of COPD is the build up of excessive chest mucus and for this there are a number of homeopathic remedies that can help. Kali mur is one such ingredient and it is well known for its beneficial affects of the respiratory system and its ability to ease wet coughs. Similarly, Kali sulph is excellent at naturally treating phlegm coughs and sinus congestions, as well as reducing inflammation of the mucous membranes. Kali bich also works on soothing irritated mucous membranes, especially in the lungs, and helps loosen thick chest mucus.

No comments:

Post a Comment