Sunday, September 8, 2013

One Year Anniversary with my new Lungs



Hey everyone February 11th marks my 1year anniversary of my Lung transplant and Birthday all on  the same day. Although I still have my ups & downs about what I have been through & have to go through in my life, this year I was able to realize how I have so much more to live for. Life after transplant is not easy for everyone & it hasn’t been for me. Despite having a loving family who no longer take my ‘I just had surgery excuses’ (bastards LOL), I’m grateful for the 1 year (and hopefully many more) I will be able to share with all of you. I just want to give a special thanks to Dr. James Lee and staff at Penn University in Philadelphia for the 2nd chance at life he has given me & I really wish him (and everyone else as well) the best in life.  Last I just want to say, try not to let your situation slow you down. Sometimes things happen in life for a reason. So  take one day at a time and enjoy it while you can. Again Thank you all so much for all your support in the last year and longer.

 Thank you guys, love all of you


Ric.

No comments:

Post a Comment