Thursday, November 14, 2013

Domestic Violence

I saw a presentation on domestic violence while at a study yesterday. It made a real impact on me as I reflected on my trouble marriage in which it's starting to come to an end. The issue of domestic violence should never be ignored, especially in your own home take to someone reach out there are so many places you can turn too.
The signs of domestic violence were evident in my marriage as I became withdrawn and hiding behind smiles. Just because someone is smiling and seems happy it doesn’t mean that they are. Iwas con three times in less then one year and a half I let readers relive the verbal, mental, and psychological I experienced in my marriage.
Domestic violence as a definition to me does not include abuse in forms of verbal, mental, and psychologic. Violence or abuse in this form is a silent killer as it destroys the self-esteem of its victims. It is usually the precursor to physical abuse.
I with other victims of domestic violence would like to take a stand against this social ill. No one, male or female, deserves this mistreatment. My job in writing “Be Careful Who You Marry” was to warn all man, especially very nice man. Choose wisely, watch for red flags, listen to your gut feelings. Don’t end up like I did in and out of jail because of his lies,and then he would not show up at court.


No comments:

Post a Comment